It is with a resilient heart that I welcome you to this page. Please read carefully all information below and contact me if you have questions or concerns regarding COVID-19 and the policies and practices of our clinic at this time:email@example.com
Please download and review the informational COVID-19 Fact Sheet provided by the Oregon Health Administration.
For more information on these policies, please visit the links at the bottom of this page. These policies are current as of May 8th, 2020 and may shift over time according to updated governmental policies, current scientific information, and the needs of the clinic, the practitioners, and our clients.
The safety and wellbeing of everyone who shares our space is of the utmost importance. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, our clinic has made changes to our general policy regarding our clients. It is also required by law that our policies within our clinic reflect the guidelines set by the Governor of Oregon. Adherence to the law and our policies are required in order to receive support from myself and the other practitioners. Anyone not wishing to follow the guidelines and the orders of the governor will not be allowed in our clinic, nor receive services, without exception.
Though there may be a lot of confusion and inconsistencies surrounding policies and information regarding COVID-19, all of the practitioners within our clinic will act to place the health of you, ourselves, and the community first in regards to promoting health as best we may at this time.
Please understand that 100% prevention of the transmission of bacteria and viruses is not possible, even in the best of circumstances. By agreeing to treatment and visiting our clinic, you acknowledge that you understand the risks and the potential for exposure to COVID-19.
Below are general guidelines of how we are reducing the ability of the COVID-19 virus to proliferate, and the guidelines we ask that you follow to assist us in that goal.
Before each session, practitioners will ask the client the following questions:
- Have you had a cough?
- Have you had a fever?
- Have you had shortness of breath?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone with these symptoms or anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Face masks are required at all times within the clinic unless removal is required for treatment. If it is determined that removal of the face mask is required for treatment, the mask will only be removed inside of the treatment area while the door is closed. The mask will only be removed for the duration of the specific treatment and then promptly restored. Face masks may be removed while facing down with the face in the face cradle to ensure ample ability to breathe.
- Please bring your own face mask. If you do not have one, please coordinate with your practitioner beforehand, and one will be provided for you. Due to the extra cost and high demand of face masks, an additional fee may be applied if a face mask is provided.
- Face masks must cover your mouth and nose at all times, unless revealing these ares is required for assessment or treatment purposes.
- Please bring a change of clothing for your treatment that differs from the clothes worn to travel to and from your appointment. Guidelines on appropriate clothing for treatment can be found here.
- Please wash hands thoroughly upon entering the clinic and before touching any surfaces, including doors and handles.
- Only one client for each practitioner will be allowed in the clinic at a time. If you arrive before your scheduled appointment, please remain in your vehicle or outside the clinic until you are let in by one of the practitioners. Portland is a rainy city. Please plan accordingly.
- Friends and family members must wait outside of the clinic unless their presence in the treatment room is required.
- Please adhere to the social distancing recommendation of a six (6) foot distance between you and other individuals within the clinic aside from your scheduled practitioner.
- Seating will be limited to only the seating that is provided inside each treatment room. Please refrain from using any other seating that looks available.
- Face masks will be worn at all times during a session unless required in order to communicate effectively with our clients. If you are hard of hearing, or rely upon reading lips, please inform your practitioner so that we may accommodate. Removing our mask will require hand sanitization before and after mobilizing the mask.
- A fresh and clean smock (a protective covering worn over the shirt), or a fresh and clean shirt, will be worn for each session.
- Surfaces and electronic devices (e.g. computers, phones, and payment processing equipment) within the treatment room will be sanitized between each client appointment.
- In addition to the standard practice of washing/sanitizing hands thoroughly before and after each session, practitioners will wash/sanitize hands thoroughly after touching computers, phones, payment processing equipment, credit cards, and money.